STATEMENT OF FAITH
What We Believe...
1. We believe that the Bible, the Old and New Testament, is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; that these are equal in divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence, and redemption.
3. We believe in God the Father, the creator of heaven and earth, an infinite personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in human affairs, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and eternal death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and physical visible return to earth.
5. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of guilt in regard to sin, righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide.
6. We believe that all people are created by God in His image, to glorify Him forever. Because the first couple, Adam and Eve, disobeyed God's command when tested, they and all people since are alienated from God and are sinners by nature and by choice. Because God is holy and cannot tolerate sin, all people are under condemnation and unable to save themselves.
7. We believe that Jesus Christ was crucified, his blood was shed and he rose again to bear the condemnation of all people, and that nothing prevents salvation except non-acceptance of Jesus Christ as sin-bearer. Those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are freed from condemnation and given eternal life.
8. We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body composed of regenerated believers. We believe in the local church, which consists of a company of Christian believers who bear a credible profession of faith and associate for worship, work and fellowship.
9. We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well being of his fellow men; that his conduct should be blameless before the world; that he should be a faithful steward of his possessions; and that he should seek to realize for himself and others, the full stature of maturity in Christ.
10. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church, baptism and the Lord's Supper. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Triune God. We believe that the Lord's Supper was instituted by Christ to commemorate His vicarious atoning death. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. We believe in the physical and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal joy of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked.
12. We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority.
13. We believe local churches best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperating with one another. Cooperation in a conference or interdenominational fellowship is voluntary and may be terminated at any time.